The HS Antiscratch topcoat is a professional automotive clear coat, in solvent-based acrylic formula. This high quality product is especially micro-scratch resistant; its most remarkable features are its brightness, ease of handling and hardness!
It can be used for repair (with partial topcoating of the car body) as well as for the full topcoating of a car or of a motorcycle.
It is particularly suitable as a final clear coat for a bodywork two-layer system (1K basecoat to topcoat + clear coat):
it is compatible with water-based products (water is completely evaporated) or solvent-based products (solvents are evaporated after 20-30 minutes).
Everything necessary is included in these two complete offers:
- Topcoat: 1L or 5L
- Hardener: 0.5L or 2.5L
- Thinner: 150ml or 1L
2 parts clearcoat to 1 part hardener
Thin with URKISOL 8229 thinner at 8-15%
Use a spray gun with a 1.2mm to 1.4mm nozzle to apply 2-3 coats with a 5 minutes interval between each pass.
If the clearcoat needs to be baked, allow it to spread for 15 minutes before baking.
If hardener E224 is used at normal speed, it is considered that the top coat will dry after 3 hours.
Wait for the complete hardening (at least 24 hours) before polishing or sanding.
How to use 2K spraycan :
StardustColors recommends HS Antiscratch clearcoat as it has many advantages:
- Very high gloss (60°: 100%)
- Its perfect viscosity allows easy topcoating, without drips, with a lacquered finish and a nice wet effect both on flat or curved surfaces: this lacquer can stretch over very quickly and fills well the surface with its imperfections
- Hardener available in 2 speeds: normal (motorcycle repair/painting) or slow (full bodywork paint in a booth and with baking)
- This is a special clearcoat having particular scratch resistance properties
- It provides effective protection against colour fading caused by UVs
Acrylic *: Warning! The term 'acrylic' is a part of the resin family! In no case it can refer exclusively to water-based paints!